• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obeying court ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janmis

What is the name of your state?New York-In my divorce I was awarded $100 a week for the rest of my life unless I remarry and it is due on friday as stated in court ruling. My checks arrive late all the time. Sometimes I do not recieve until the following monday or tuesday. Is there any recourse I can take to make sure my checks are received by friday? this has been going on for over 4 years now and I have written to him before about this but no satisfaction. Please help

LdiJ

janmis said:
What is the name of your state?New York-In my divorce I was awarded $100 a week for the rest of my life unless I remarry and it is due on friday as stated in court ruling. My checks arrive late all the time. Sometimes I do not recieve until the following monday or tuesday. Is there any recourse I can take to make sure my checks are received by friday? this has been going on for over 4 years now and I have written to him before about this but no satisfaction. Please help
Hon....do you know how many people don't get their checks at all...or weeks or months late? If the latest your ex has been is one or two business days...then you should consider yourself lucky.

ablessin

You're lucky to be getting it at all, so quit whining over a couple of days late.

Man, if you're that hard up for rent money get a job - or a 2nd one. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">