• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If anyone can help me find the answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

downhearted

What is the name of your state?New Hampshire
I live in NewHampshire and my 2 eldest children live in Maine with their father. He is ill and his mother is his legal representative. We have shared parental rights. My 10 yrs old son is in Acadia Hospital with ADHA and a compulsive disorder and is being evaluated.
The doctor and his father are not informing me of changes in medication. They are acting as if I have no rights in the decisions as to my sons treatment. They are not even asking me anything. How am I going to fight this and have my say in what happens to my child? I have little support as I have no living relatives and have no where to turn. I feel so lost and need some good advise. If anyone can help me. When they went to live with their father we did not change anything legally, I only gave gaurdianship to his grandmother. But don't I still have rights?
Please help me

BL

downhearted said:
What is the name of your state?New Hampshire
I live in NewHampshire and my 2 eldest children live in Maine with their father. He is ill and his mother is his legal representative. We have shared parental rights. My 10 yrs old son is in Acadia Hospital with ADHA and a compulsive disorder and is being evaluated.
The doctor and his father are not informing me of changes in medication. They are acting as if I have no rights in the decisions as to my sons treatment. They are not even asking me anything. How am I going to fight this and have my say in what happens to my child? I have little support as I have no living relatives and have no where to turn. I feel so lost and need some good advise. If anyone can help me. When they went to live with their father we did not change anything legally, I only gave gaurdianship to his grandmother. But don't I still have rights?
Please help me

I'm trying to make sense of what legal rights you have and to whom ?

From what I'm understanding is " Someone " is in the Hosp . being evaluated for " Mental " care ??? If so , the Dr's . DO NOT have to disclose information they feel would jeopardize the treatment and confidentiality of their Patient .
Sometimes the won't even discuss treatment sessions with the Parents .

There main goal is the treatment of the Client . Period .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">