• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a hippa violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gertie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? tn
My husband and I have been legally seperated for 3 years. His mistress works in the hospital that my son and I go to for treatment. I found out that she has been accessing not only my medical chart but my son's also and giving information to my husband. Upon investigation by the administration of the hospital she admitted to all of the charges against her. and has since been fired from that facility. I feel that she should have lost her license. What legal action can I pursue to ensure that her license is revoked? Can I take legal action against the hospital as well. I might add that my husband lives in another state and is in the medical profession also and had asked her to continually review my medical chart in hopes of finding any information that might help his case in the divorce.

rmet4nzkx

Pretty much yes to every question, you can make formal HIPAA complaints, complaints to the licensing boards and professional organizations for both your ex and his mistress, you can make complants to JCAHCO re the hospital, you can sue both of them and the hospital. Have YOU made YOUR medical or psychologicl issues a part of your divorce or child custody issues, if so he may be entitled to information properly obtained, NOT obtained by fraud. He is entitled to information about your child which he can obtain through the normal process, but not about you without your permission. If you ever gave permission in he past, such as when you were married, did you sign a release? You realize that complaints to licensing boards will be forwarded to other appropriate boards, so if you report the mistress only, not your ex, it may eventually affect his license, employment and income as well. So for that reason, make sure that you have some language that protects yor interests as well in the event of changes in his income and/or employment.

What licenses are involved?

gertie

tn.
First of all, Let me say thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. I hope you don't mind but I need to pick your brain a bit further. This divorce has been a ongoing battle for the last three and half years. There have been no psychological or medical issues that have been brought into this divorce. Unfortunatly for him I am boringly normal. I have never given him permission to view my medical records nor did I sign a release form of any kind. I am aware that he can obtain medical information through the proper channels in regards to our son. Although I do give him detailed emails about any doctor's visit that might be necessary. How do I make a formal complaint to the licensing boards that are involved. Will I need a attorney to make a formal complaint. You asked what licenses are involved . Physician Assistant and x-ray technician. Also I might add that in my former spouses quest to find anything that can be used against me in court. I have been followed by a private investigator, spyware put on my computer through a bogus email he sent me where he and his attorney get all the emails that I receive and send and all the websites I access( Is this legal).He has broke into MY house on several occasions and most recently the medical records incident. Wouldn't all this be considered harrassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">