• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fully aproved after two years. Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brighid

What is the name of your state? California.

Ok, After nearly two years, one waiting for a hearing, I finally got a fully favorable decision from the alj. Its been about a month since I got my letter, and it said it went to the payment department. Im really seriously stressing, because I have had no income for over two years, (as im sure some of you have gone through) and I really need it. How long does it take approx. till I get a letter, and what happends next?

Do I get a letter asking me to go down there? or what? and how much will I get monthly? I hear it depends on what your living situation is. Heres mine.
I live with my partner, and we live in her mothers extra, already paid off home. She doesnt pay rent, but her mother asked that I pay her (my partner) 300 a month, to cover bills, groceries ect.

What do you guys think? also, do I need to bring a written rental agreement?

As for the backpay. In ssi, is it a lump sum, and will it come before my first monthly? or after.
also, what is a partially favorable? Kinda curious.

Sorry for all the questions, but hardly anyone ive talked to about this has a straight answer.

Thanks!! =)

BL

If I am correct you might receive a lump sum before your first regularly scheduled payment .

I do not know what partially favorable means .

SSA should have all the information you are asking about . Rent , address , etc .

If any of this has changed you need to notify SSA .

You can always call the SSA 800# to get answers to your questions also .

If you have been notified , the decision has been sent for processing , it shouldn't be much longer .

Last edited:

Brighid

alright thank you for the answers =) I appreciate it.

Thing is, when I filled out the initial info, I wasnt paying rent. How could I with no income? I was wondering if they would be expecting my partner to keep paying for my needs, and or her income to matter to them. I dont see how, as were not legally able to marry though.

anyway, thank you, and Ill attempt to call the 800 number and see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">