• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st offense with drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iguana4life

What is the name of your state? NY

I 16 and i was busted with buying beer with a false ID. After this they searched me and found a half o of weed, bags, and a scale. The cops said they would lessen the charges if i wrote a written statement saying i brought the beer from the deli. So i did. The cops said put the ticket that i was going to court on the charges of marijuana possesion and for impersonating someone. I was wondering if im in alot of trouble. The cops said in all likey hood i would get 2 misdemeanors and that because im a minor that it will basically not effect once i turn 19 because my record will then be close. Am i in alot of trouble or is this true what the cops said.

teflon_jones

You're lucky they didn't get you for intent to distribute since you had a scale and bags with you. I'd say you're getting off lucky!

Get a lawyer and you may be able to plead this down even further. It'll be the best money you ever spend.

I certainly hope you are learning something. I believe you are lucky they did not tack on a few more charges to this custody arrest. Usually a Juvenile when charged as a juvenile is just that. Their are exceptions to the rule but only in higher crimes or measure 11 type crimes. Once you turn of age when you are no longer a Juvenile then these charges should not follow. I would really take this opportunity to turn your life to another cross road. You are headed for a fall. Good Luck. For what it's worth Not Advice. Patrolman/J. Buckner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">