• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal Support and Prev Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Emanuelle100

What is the name of your state? Divorced in California 5 years ago from a 20 year marriage. She remarried the 25th of Sept 2004. Sent her a letter telling her that SS would stop based on her remarriage. She immediately went down to the Court and filed for Annulity of her marriage based on the fact that he had been married in Florida but but never obtained his Final. He had been thinking he was Divorced all along. Can she do that?

Emanuelle100 said:
What is the name of your state? Divorced in California 5 years ago from a 20 year marriage. She remarried the 25th of Sept 2004. Sent her a letter telling her that SS would stop based on her remarriage. She immediately went down to the Court and filed for Annulity of her marriage based on the fact that he had been married in Florida but but never obtained his Final. He had been thinking he was Divorced all along. Can she do that?

You cant be married to two people, regardless if it is in error or not. Be happy, SS will continue. Hey, you should send her a letter now saying, "oops I was attempting to be mean too early and got busted. I am now going to start SS, after all, you know I cant stop SS with the courts permission, or it expires. Just attempting to harrass you alittle . . . luv the ex"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">