• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSN Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rallendixon

I am in Texas.
I have a question on SSN disclosure. I drive a truck and a certain petro refinery we pick up from says they require our SSN. I would like to know if it is legal for them to require the SSN when something like a driver's lic. number would do.
On the first time there they have you watch a safety video and give you a little handwritten card saying that you have seen the safety video. They take the driver's information (SSN, DOB, and name) and put it into their database. When you renew your card (it expires in 1 year) they use your SSN to find your name in the database. That is all they use it for, is a unique number to identify people in the computer.
Thanks.

BL

rallendixon said:
I am in Texas.
I have a question on SSN disclosure. I drive a truck and a certain petro refinery we pick up from says they require our SSN. I would like to know if it is legal for them to require the SSN when something like a driver's lic. number would do.
On the first time there they have you watch a safety video and give you a little handwritten card saying that you have seen the safety video. They take the driver's information (SSN, DOB, and name) and put it into their database. When you renew your card (it expires in 1 year) they use your SSN to find your name in the database. That is all they use it for, is a unique number to identify people in the computer.
Thanks.
What's the Question ?

If you are asking if you have to disclose your SSN to them , could be . Homeland security is becoming a big issue and the Government is putting protections into place to prevent trucks from being used for terrorism .

Check with your local homeland security office .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">