• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trishminusone

What is the name of your state?The name of my state is Pennsylvania (Sayre, PA Bradford County)
My question is!! My husband and I have been married for going on 24 years, he has left me in a trailer that is unfit for anyone to live in. I work but it is a per-deium job, and am lucky if I get 12 hours in a week, I may not be called in for weeks at a time, so my income is very, very unstable. My husband (when he left me) said that he would help me no matter what. He now denies this, and is threating me with taking me off his insurance and says that by law (which he now lives in New Your State) he does not have to give me a dime! He also say's that he has a Lawyer that is prepared to have charges against me for Blackmail and exstortion of him?? I do have my son, from a former marriage, (he is divorced and pays a large amount in child support) I also have our son who will turn 21 in July of this year. Both of these boys do nothing as far as helping me money wise, and I know it is wrong and have been told to throw them out, but I am a mother first and I just can't do this. NOW back to my husband, as I said earlier, he left me in this trailer (also invited my son to live with us durning and after his own divorce) this place has holes in the floor that are all the way through to the out side, broken windows, other floors falling in etc. I went this year without a furnace until around the middle of Nov. untill I found a furnace repair man that would not see us freeze and made an arrangement for me to purchase a rebuilt furnace, another bill added to ones i already cannot afford, on top of all of this the trailer park I live in has been sold and these people want all of these repairs done, (skirting put on, taking down a falling down storage shed,many more rules and regulations that have to be followed) All of these repairs are things that he never did in the beginning while we were together, we have lived here for over 18 years, and this man has done nothing the whole time and now it all falls on me. Also I am stuck with all of the back property tax due every year. My husband is an alcaholic and crack addict among other drugs of choice. I also have no car, (my van he took and they repoed it from him) this makes it even harder for me to try to get to my job when i am needed. Now does he have to continue to give me money, and help me out or is it as he says?? This man makes 1,000.00 dollars a week with his over time, (if not over time he still clears seven to eight hundred easy a week.) But of course it goes into his addictions and his girlfriend. He also molested my daughter from the time she was 2years old and up to 13 years ( which i did not know of this till many many years after the fact, then two years ago he was druged up and drunk and tried to rape my daughter again whom is a married women with three children of her own. And he has the gaul to say that if I bring this stuff up in court that his lawyer will charge me for letting it happen (molesting my daughter). Is this also true? To this day I still do not know all that happened to my daughter as a child, but I do know that it has ruined my daughters and my relationship, as well as her life forever, she and I are both on anti-depression meds because of this man. I am sorry for going on and on, but I would just like to know where I stand in this situation, will he get away scott free for all that he has done, he also has the money for a lawyer and i do not. Hope someone will respond to this, and again thanks in advance to whom ever has listened.

Can this woman ask since he was the sole supporter of the family to pay for her attorney too? Just wondering.... but I had heard of it before but it could have been a fiction movie or something.....
Also to the woman, I personally think you can get in touble if you allowed the rape or whatever to happen and knew about it, Can I ask why you or your daughter haven't pressed charges on him? Again I know nothing about the law and please take someone else educated advice, but I did have to wonder why no one turned this guy in once you found out and once she moved out?
I am only wondering and am not passing any judgement here....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">