• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you be convicted of possesion with no evidence other than the testamony of two re

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clean_worried

What is the name of your state? Actually I live in Canada

A friend of mine was smoking a pipe in a parking lot while i was talking to him (i was not smoking, though i was stoned from about an hour before). Suddenly a campus security guards car appears and he just runs like hell. I have nothing on me and they pull up, i ask if i can help them (their are 2 of them, one man, one woman). The guy gets out of the car and starts yelling at me and calling me things like a punk and scum and claim they had just watched me smoke weed, which wasn't true. I claimed my friend was smoking tobacco from a pipe and they asked me why he ran. i told them that he was probably just scared at of the police ( I didn't know they were not real cops till about 20 minutes later as they had official looking uniforms and car which said police on them) anyway i let them search me and I had nothing on me, but they claimed their word is enough to convict me and that no one would believe what i was saying. Anyway the called up the cops and phoned around trying to find if i had any record (i didn't) at one point they said they where going to perform a citizens arrest on me but then told me to go back to res and that they would call me. Can you be convicted of possesion with no evidence other than the testamony of two rent a cops. Even If i if get off this time it would be good to know for future reference.

HomeGuru

Clean_worried said:
What is the name of your state? Actually I live in Canada

A friend of mine was smoking a pipe in a parking lot while i was talking to him (i was not smoking, though i was stoned from about an hour before). Suddenly a campus security guards car appears and he just runs like hell. I have nothing on me and they pull up, i ask if i can help them (their are 2 of them, one man, one woman). The guy gets out of the car and starts yelling at me and calling me things like a punk and scum and claim they had just watched me smoke weed, which wasn't true. I claimed my friend was smoking tobacco from a pipe and they asked me why he ran. i told them that he was probably just scared at of the police ( I didn't know they were not real cops till about 20 minutes later as they had official looking uniforms and car which said police on them) anyway i let them search me and I had nothing on me, but they claimed their word is enough to convict me and that no one would believe what i was saying. Anyway the called up the cops and phoned around trying to find if i had any record (i didn't) at one point they said they where going to perform a citizens arrest on me but then told me to go back to res and that they would call me. Can you be convicted of possesion with no evidence other than the testamony of two rent a cops. Even If i if get off this time it would be good to know for future reference.
**A: you must be still stoned since you think Canada is part of the US.

Were you actually in Canada when this occured?? If in the U.S. I could tell you. But, if this was in Canada...Can't tell you. Not Advice for what it's worth. Patrolman/J. Buckner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">