• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

12minus1

Maryland

Condo association by-laws force all motorcycles (1) to be parked in the remote, badly lit lot behind the building. Is this discrimination? What can I do?

You Are Guilty

12minus1 said:
Maryland

Condo association by-laws force all motorcycles (1) to be parked in the remote, badly lit lot behind the building. Is this discrimination? What can I do?
Clearly it is. I suggest you form a coalition of motorcycle, quad (ATV), golf cart and scooter drivers and picket the HOA. There's strength in numbers. Good luck.

12minus1

You Are Guilty said:
Clearly it is. I suggest you form a coalition of motorcycle, quad (ATV), golf cart and scooter drivers and picket the HOA. There's strength in numbers. Good luck.
I'll restate the question differently. Is it legal to have such a by-law under the laws of the State of Maryland?

You Are Guilty

12minus1 said:
I'll restate the question differently. Is it legal to have such a by-law under the laws of the State of Maryland?
That's quite a different question, however, the answer remains the same - they can do what they wish. Motorcycle ownership is not a "protected class".

Now, isn't that "picket" idea starting to sound better? :)

HomeGuru

12minus1 said:
Maryland

**A: yes it is. Contact the Hell's Angel's and the Harley Hogs Club and schedule a protest rally.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

12minus1 said:
Maryland

My response:

This question almost qualified as a runner-up for the FreeAdvice "Most Stupid Post" contest. But, "almost" is only good in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. You missed it by this much [ ].

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
Awwww, shucks.

My response:

Don't get me wrong . . . it was, in fact, a "stupid" question. But, if you could read the questions I have in my archive for this year's "Most Stupid Post" contest, you'd readily see that this guy's question wouldn't have a chance against the current competition.

If he only phrased it differently!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
Yes, I agree. Keep it up IAAL.

My response:

Thank you. And, speaking of "discrimination", I too must be very "discriminatory" about whose post makes the final cut. You see, everyone is breaking their necks trying to get into the "finals" because of this year's Grand Prize!

All "Most Stupid Posts" must be crazy and have some sort of goofiness to them, much like we see in the posts from the southern "Redneck" States.

So, I encourage everyone to write their real posts, and the more ignorant, and stupid, the better. But remember, I am the final arbiter of which posts make it, and which post must be left behind the rest of the pack.

Discriminatorily yours,

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Too funny. As you know, ignorance and stupidity on this website need not be encouraged. It just comes expectedly.

12minus1

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

This question almost qualified as a runner-up for the FreeAdvice "Most Stupid Post" contest. But, "almost" is only good in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. You missed it by this much [ ].

IAAL
You clearly have to much time on your hands.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

12minus1 said:
You clearly have to much time on your hands.

My response:

Well, let's see . . .

It's a Saturday, so I don't have to be in the office; and, hey! You're at your computer too! So, what's your excuse?

Don't you wish you were me, without a motorcycle parking problem?

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">