• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security clearance appeal - attorney needed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Viceman

(Maryland)
I have applied for a TS/SCI security clearance which has initally been denied. I have filed an appeal. There are 6 reasons for my denial. Four of them do not involve any criminal activity. The other 2 are music downloads and equipment from a former employer that I have offered to return, some of which I have been approved to keep. I have no criminal record, never any drug use, alcohol abuse or debt. Everything in my security application checked out perfectly. All my references were excellent. The security officer at my company has told me I have a good chance to overturn my denial. I am allowed to have counsel at the appeal. Any suggestions on a good attorney or other advice?

crucialman

clearance

Hi, i would greatly appreciate if you could provide me information about your security clearance process. I was denied also and one of the reasons was my downloading of music. I am sure you are now aware since its been some time since you faced this issue how much the insight would help me. Thank you in advance.

-Ian

rhodge

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I didn't know if you guys were checking the other posts--were you ever caught for downloading music by an outside authority (college network policeforce etc) or did the government somehow discover your computer files during their background check on you?

crucialman

This information was disclosed on my own to the investigators, i was never caught for doing any of this. What insight do you have on this topic?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">