• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Likely punishment for possesion of 1/2lb of pot w/intent to distribute.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GEORGIA.

Ok I have a friend whos house was recently searched by the police. After all was said and done they found a 1/2LB. of pot with scale/bags. The narcotic agents offered him a plea bargain to bust other people and he denied it. They are charging him with possesion of 1/2lb with intent to distribute. This is his 2nd pot related offence. The first was minor possesion of less than an ounce in the state of florida which he served his probabation and fines for. He still has his first offender. Ok thats the backround now to the questions. While his house was being searched his girlfriend (who lives there as well) is also getting charged with this. She had nothing to do with the drugs, just happened to be in the same house they were in. If he admits they are all his can she be charged with anything? What is the punishment he is more than likely going to be looking at (jailtime, probation, fees, etc)? He does have a lawyer. ANY information on this will be really helpful guys. I appreciate your time and responses. I will give you as much information as possible to help out with the responses. Thanks again.

S

seniorjudge

Q: If he admits they are all his can she be charged with anything?

A: Certainly. What you say about this has no bearing on whether she will be charged.

Q: What is the punishment he is more than likely going to be looking at (jailtime, probation, fees, etc)?

A: Give me the statute number you were charged with. It's in the charging papers. They're on the kitchen table.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">