• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract/ material misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Davidzill

What is the name of your state? California
I am a Marine Corps Iraq vet who joined the CA National Guard after EAS'ing from the Marines. I had it garunteed in my contract that I would be a 19K(Tanker), but I was an Infantryman in the Marines. I've been in the Guard for nearly a year now, and I have not attended MOS school, nor done anything at all whatsoever related to my new MOS. Here is the interesting part...I recently recieved orders to Kosovo for a 554 days(a 3 day notice), assigned to a totally different unit as an infantryman. Luckily I was declared medically non-deployable at SRP, but I am going to be fully deployable as soon as I get my doctor to sign off. Is it ok for the Guard to do this; just send me to different units in a job that I didn't want?? I was promised 19K in my contract, and my recruiter promised me this, that this is the only job I would do, and he also promised I wouldn't be deployed since i recently fought in Iraq with the Marines. My wife is a witness to his lies(she was with me whenever I went to the recruiters). He also promised me I could use the tuition assistance the same time as my G.I. Bill, which I can't. My wife is willing to testify under oath to his lies. What course of action should I take? Please help for I am a full-time college student, married man who is trying to get something done in my life and the Guard is becoming nothing but a burden on my career advancment.

if they dont send you to Ft knoX for tanker school, then thats breach of contract right there. but im afraid in the guard, your job isnt as important to what you actually do as it is in active duty. I was a scout on active, and went into the guard as a scout. and they wanted me to drive hemmits. i told them that if i had to drive trucks i would switch unts, so they put me with the scouts, where i belong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">