• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI change of property question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnightstar811

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I am on SSI, I became eligible, while seperated, but now I am divorced, and have agreed to give my ex-husband most of the property, as a divorce settlement, and me keep the house and car.
My question is, I have one aldult son, will SSI object to me putting my sons name on my property deed, under my name or with my name on the deed first and my sons name on second?
Also I think, when I sign over the property, my ex-husband will put my sons name on his part also. Will that be ok with SSI?

bjl1105

midnightstar811 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
I am on SSI, I became eligible, while seperated, but now I am divorced, and have agreed to give my ex-husband most of the property, as a divorce settlement, and me keep the house and car.
My question is, I have one aldult son, will SSI object to me putting my sons name on my property deed, under my name or with my name on the deed first and my sons name on second?
Also I think, when I sign over the property, my ex-husband will put my sons name on his part also. Will that be ok with SSI?
Your sons' name can be on your property deed as long as your name remains on the property (it is not a transfer of resource as long as your name remains on it). It doesn't matter what your son owns as long as HE is not on SSI. His resources do not affect your eligibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">