• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wsmccann

What is the name of your state?NYWhat is the name of your state? NY

My husband took a fall on ice at a Hess Station, which resulted in a concussion, and a broken rib. Their insurance company seems to be dragging
their feet. What is the time line where a "Notice of Claim" should be filed.

Lynx 36

wsmccann said:

My husband took a fall on ice at a Hess Station, which resulted in a concussion, and a broken rib. Their insurance company seems to be dragging
I wouldn't count your chickens. This claim will more than likely be denied. You'll have to sue Mother Nature.

You Are Guilty

wsmccann said:

You only file a "Notice of Claim" if you are planning on suing the state (or a city), in which case you must do so within 90 days of the incident.

If you actually wanted to know how long you had to file a claim with Hess' insurance carrier, then it would behoove you to do so as quickly as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">