• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exception to laws in nh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmominnh

My son was killed in 6/04. There is a wrongful death suit pending at this time. According to the probate laws in New Hampshire if a child dies then the estate is split between the parents. My problem is that My x hadnt seen my children for 9 years. Since my son was 11 years old. My son didnt want to see him and wanted nothing to do with him. My other children also wanted nothing to do with him as there was abuse involved. My lawyer patitioned the court to have my x's half of the estate go to my sons sisters and this was denied. The judge stating: The requested relief although emotionally consistant with the facts presented is not legally consistant with the requirements of RSA 561. THe petition was denied. I know that this law is valid but arent there loop holes in certain circumstances. This just seems so wrong for my x to benifit from my sons death when he wasnt there during his life. Please help me with any information or cases that i can review that have tackled this subject. Or point me in a direction where i can look for information... i feel so helpless to defend my sons honor and memory....My son Ronnie was 21. :(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">