• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on three strikes law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BLOODLINE

What is the name of your state?California
Since I have privious conviction on robbery which i served time for and I am currently off parole. I recently was arrested on a misdemenor traffic warrent during the arrest I was searched and found to be in possession of meth. less than a nickle. Am I facing a third strike conviction?

calatty

If you only have one prior strike conviction, the robbery, then you are facing a second strike sentence. This means that the term for the meth possession (16 mos, 2 years, or 3 years) will be doubled.

Son of Slam

BLOODLINE said:
..arrested on a misdemenor traffic warrent ...and found to be in possession of meth.

I love it when that happens! Don't you? or..."I got caught shoplifting with a bag of dope in my pocket." Ha ha ha, LMFAO

HomeGuru

BLOODLINE said:
What is the name of your state?California
Since I have privious conviction on robbery which i served time for and I am currently off parole. I recently was arrested on a misdemenor traffic warrent during the arrest I was searched and found to be in possession of meth. less than a nickle. Am I facing a third strike conviction?

**A: I bet that there will be a 3d strike in your future at the rate you are going.

The Occultist

They're making sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why you keep putting California down. You realize we only needed that once, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">