• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Business what is impact on Ex-Wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LSchmidt

What is the name of your state? IL I have been married for 6 months and I have started a new business. I haven't added my husband to the business until I find out if there will be any impact due to the ex-wife. His divorce agreement states that she gets salary increases and stock options. However, can she also try to get a piece of the business???

nextwife

WHY would you even consider adding hubby at this time, if he has a CO'd obligation and it is YOUR business and your efforts? If he becomes part owner, when YOU generate income, that income becomes part his, if he falls ill and gets behind in payments, YOUR business can be liened. Leave YOUR business (if you are doing all the work) in only your name.

I keep all my assets, checkings, savings and house that I owned before our marriage seperate, because I experienced a parent who became suddenly and terminally disabled when I was a child. Despite court orders, even the best people do experience change in circumstances and health and sometimes just can't continue doing what they did before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">