• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my3redroses

What is the name of your state?ILL
I filed a petition for maintenence back in Dec and my stbx didnt show up. We are currently waiting for another court date for the temporary maintenenace. When we get another court date, will he have to pay up going back to when the petition was first filed? Is it the same as when you file for child support?

nextwife

my3redroses said:
What is the name of your state?ILL
I filed a petition for maintenence back in Dec and my stbx didnt show up. We are currently waiting for another court date for the temporary maintenenace. When we get another court date, will he have to pay up going back to when the petition was first filed? Is it the same as when you file for child support?

IF a determination is made that you are entitled to spousal support, then, yes, the ordered amount will, I believe go back to filing, as will CS.

Of couse, if he HAS been providing any support, then those funds may be considered against that back spousal support.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">