• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paso

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was told this evening by my husband of 13 years that he is filing for divorce, looking for an apartment and giving me 3 months to figure out what I need to do. I am 50 years old and was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and am currently going through the process of obtaining SSI benefits. This is his reason for leaving. He states that this is all in my head and just doesn't want to deal with this (my health problems). This is a second marriage for me and back then I was naive in the process of divorce and still am as I was not prepared for this. I have been out of work for 7 years and am unable to work due to persistant pain and depression. We have 2 mortgages on the house, large IRS debt, and 2 vehicles (both with loans). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get my "ducks in a row" before he files? Am I entitled to alimony or support?

tami3

Hi I have to say he really seemed to had a plan?

I have to ask(if im allowed,I am new to this forum)did you
notify ssi immediately for the fact assets change,and I live in PA.I know alot different disabled people,and if it was myself this just happen to ,Dr documenting this stress,and make sure health ins stay intack be prioirty.

I just ?how does he think he get apt?If he has credit issues.
Is he moving in with a women?or lets say affair,etc?

Please dont make yourself sicker or stress more ,protect yourself,so your up to the shocking news that was dropped on you.

And I would hold on to my benifits,health,prescription,means seeing a legal aide,sad to say many of us have been in this spot.

Please rush and get legal help,due to your illness,situation,notify application ssi etc,Please.
Good luck .
tami3

VeronicaGia

paso said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was told this evening by my husband of 13 years that he is filing for divorce, looking for an apartment and giving me 3 months to figure out what I need to do. I am 50 years old and was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and am currently going through the process of obtaining SSI benefits. This is his reason for leaving. He states that this is all in my head and just doesn't want to deal with this (my health problems). This is a second marriage for me and back then I was naive in the process of divorce and still am as I was not prepared for this. I have been out of work for 7 years and am unable to work due to persistant pain and depression. We have 2 mortgages on the house, large IRS debt, and 2 vehicles (both with loans). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get my "ducks in a row" before he files? Am I entitled to alimony or support?
You may or may not be "entitled" but I doubt it will be lifetime support if you are awarded. You need to think about that. It could be for 1/2 of your marriage or less. And if he died, how would you support yourself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">