• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unclaimed income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tkn4aride

What is the name of your state? California
My ex earns her income under the table. She cleans houses for a living, teaches yoga, and works for her lover at his bookstore and claims zero income. How can I lower my spousal support if there is no record of her earning income.

nextwife

Hire a PI to shadow her and get evidence of her activities. Can you get a class signup form from the yoga place that lists her as instructor - or have someone else get it?

tkn4aride

California
Thanks for the suggestion of a PI. Do you know if it is possible to have the courts look into her bank deposits to show how much money she is depositing besides the child support and spousal support checks?

nextwife

If she is working jobs where she is paid in cash, what makes you think she is even running those funds through a bank account? She may just use much of that money for everyday spending, and never deposit it.

But, yes, it may be possible to obtain, through the court, bank records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">