• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please HELp! Underage drug possession..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cutzee2003

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, my brother has been convicted of possessing the drug extasy.
My brother is 16 years old and will soon be turning 17 next month, he was at school and claims to have found the pill on the floor. He carlessly holds on to the pill all day til one of his fellow students turns him in on possessing a unknown drug. He didnt know what the drug was so when he was being searched and they found the pill he couldnt tell them what it was. They just assume it is extasy and tell him that they have to send it to a lab to be tested and he was suspended from school for two days so they can find out what it is. Then they tell us that the lab is backed up and they wont get results for another month. He has never been convicted of a crime and has never tried the drug extasy before. We are starting to believe that they are just waiting another month so he can be trialed as an adult when he reaches the age of 17. Can they do this? If so, do you happen to know the consequences? His record is clean and he is not a troublesome kid he was just being a careless and curious 16 year old.. Please HELp!!!

Son of Slam

cutzee2003 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, my brother has been convicted of possessing the drug extasy.
My brother is 16 years old and will soon be turning 17 next month, he was at school and claims to have found the pill on the floor. He carlessly holds on to the pill all day til one of his fellow students turns him in on possessing a unknown drug. He didnt know what the drug was so when he was being searched and they found the pill he couldnt tell them what it was. They just assume it is extasy and tell him that they have to send it to a lab to be tested and he was suspended from school for two days so they can find out what it is. Then they tell us that the lab is backed up and they wont get results for another month. He has never been convicted of a crime and has never tried the drug extasy before. We are starting to believe that they are just waiting another month so he can be trialed as an adult when he reaches the age of 17. Can they do this? If so, do you happen to know the consequences? His record is clean and he is not a troublesome kid he was just being a careless and curious 16 year old.. Please HELp!!!

So, how old are you? Can you spell gullible? How likely is it that one of his classmates would drop their dope on the ground? He has never tried the drug extasy before? Gullible means easily duped, a readiness to be imposed on. Is that how you want to be?

The Occultist

Hahahahaha, that sound just like a doper's excuse: "what, this? i don't know what it is, I found it on the ground"
Sorry, but he uses it, he was stupid enough to bring it to school, and he was probably stupid enough to try to get a classmate to take it.
Anywho, they do tend to be SOMEWHAT lenient on first time offenders, so who knows?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">