• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination in the school system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristin_adams06

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a junior at my vocational school and my friends and I are being discriminated against. Now I know school systems can not punish students for an act unless they witness the act in itself. But in this case I wish they could. On Feb.28, 2005 my friends and I were sitting in the lunchroom eating and minding our own businesses, when the table across from us which has the "in crowd" sitting there. One of the young men from that table walked past my friend who is a homosexual and said "Stupid ******" then the table was harrassing him and saying that the boy liked him and things like that. I noticed then that my friend was about to cry, and regardless of his sexuality he is a man and men generally have the mindset not to let others see you cry. Then shortly there after, a bundle of large grapes was lodged at my female friend's head, and hit her, it was thrown at a pretty fast impact. They then followed with a bottle and made crude remarks towards another friend of mine that she was slut. When the teachers were informed of this, they confronted the other students whereas they said they didn't do that. Since the teachers who were monitoring lunch did not see it, no action could be taken. Later in the school day as me and the same friend they had previously called a slut, they walked by us in the hall way and preceded to call both of us "whores". I was furious as were most of my friends. One of the boys made a claim he was going to kick all of our asses. Unfortunately, he would not win. The next day the subject somehow surfaced in class, and then I told them they could get in serious trouble for discriminating a homosexual person. They then tried to make me feel bad by taunting me with my factor of being overweight. I am comfortable with my weight and did not let this completely bother me. Then our teacher proceded to say that the discussion would end, and that no student was allowed to wear any form of garment suggesting their sexual preference in her classroom or she would write them up for expulsion... Now that too is discrimatory. Then later in class my friend who is homosexual was told because his shirt said "I bet you were an ugly baby" she then told him if he wore it again he would get an ISS. I am tired of this bull**** discrimination and I wish something could be done. We are strongly considering legal action to take place but I was wondering if anyone else see's a fault in this? :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">