• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony And Social Security Question's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candym

What is the name of your State Ca.
I just found out the other Day my ex. Is going to be retiring. He is taking an early retirement. I get alimony for life no ending date. My Question is does this mean my Social Security starts and alimony stops or since I only get half his social security does that mean he has to pay me up to what I am get now? One other Question I am six months young then him. Does my S.S start when he files or do I have to wait the six months and file for my self.

Last edited:

LdiJ

candym said:
What is the name of your State Ca.
I just found out the other Day my ex. Is going to be retiring. He is taking an early retirement. I get alimony for life no ending date. My Question is does this mean my Social Security starts and alimony stops or since I only get half his social security does that mean he has to pay me up to what I am get now? One other Question I am six months young then him. Does my S.S start when he files or do I have to wait the six months and file for my self.
If you get alimony for life then I would assume that you would recieve the same alimony amount permanently, whether he retires or not. However it all depends on the wording of your court orders.

I am not sure how the social security would work...perhaps someone else knows.

candym

Thank you .
I Also found out from S.S that I do have to file on my own and will receive it six months after he does. Unless he change his mine and wait's until he is 65.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">