• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired on Suspicion *UPDATE*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texastee

TEXAS

Here is my newest twist.

Employer fired me for suspicion that I was trying to take his business. I have proof I was not but he is not interested in hearing the facts. So today in order to get my check I had to sign that I had read a letter from his attorney. I acknowledged I had read it but did not concur or concur with the instructions and would seek counsel. I did not sign a non-compete when I was hired and his attorney\'s letter is a defacto after the fact non-compete. I should have certified letter in few days. Can they restrict my employment after the fact or who I do business with? I am in Texas.

pattytx

There is no way we can give you advice on a document we have not seen. At this point, I would recommend you seek the advice of a local attorney versed in contract law. Noncompetes can sometimes be enforced if they are limited enough in scope, distance, and time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">