• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mistake??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpneeded!!

mistake??--seniorjudge please help

What is the name of your state?MI

Hello,
Here's my situation. When i was arrested i asked the police officer what i was being charged with, and he replied with drug periphonelia(spelling?). Then i was brought to the police station, and that day i was set up for an arraignment. At the arraignment the magistrate told me that i was being charged with not only periphonelia, but also possession of marijuana. Now this is where i'm confused. I recieved my pre-trial court papers in the mail this past weekend, and it contained my court date, charges and all that good stuff...the twist in that is it only said the one charge...periphonelia...My question is, even though at my arraignment they said both charges, since i got the court papers in the mail and it only said periphonelia, can i still be charged with marijuana? or did the court mess up in my favor?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers...they are greatly appreciated

Last edited:

helpneeded!!

i dont understand why you would post something like that. It wasnt that they tacked on another charge with the "screw up"..I was simply asking if I can still be charged for the possession of marijuana or if the courts made a mistake meaning i cant (hence the in my favor). I wasnt asking for sarcastic comments...I wouldnt do that to you if you were in need of advice/information, please do not do that to me

diane360

help needed

I agree with you, that sarcastic comment is not why you are in this forum. I got the same thing in a small claims question. Here's hoping you only get the one charge. Good luck.

<Bill>

Kinda sounds like the DA or prosecutor decided to only to charge or attempt to prosecute you for paraphernalia, were you really in possession of pot or was it the residue on the paraphernalia ??

If you have a clean record there's a chance you may get STATUE (MCL 333.7411)

For first-time offenders, Michigan enforces statute MCL 333.7411, provided that the amount of marijuana found is small (no set amount). The statute promotes sending small-offense users to drug education programs. Schmid said his own experience is that very few people actually walk away with a conviction, let alone jail time. In order to avoid unpopular and difficult jail sentences, judges often decide to take advantage of the statute and refer people to drug abuse programs. “You have to understand, judges also went to college. It’s difficult for them to go down this slippery slope of hypocrisy.”
http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/031008/031008cover.html

preacher311

more than likelt they sent the paraph. for lab analysis and it came back positive for THC residue. hnce the posession charge.

<Bill>

The Occultist said:
They tacked on an extra charge, and you think that's a screw up in your favor? You deserve what's coming to you.
No the official paperwork recieved in the mail excluded a charge.

chevy372

helpneeded!! said:
I don't know why you would want to ask the senior judge, he comes to a battle of wits unarmed! You would be better off asking the cops than senior judge. To answer your question, the complaint is the ONLY thing you are being charged with.

ENASNI

wish I could grab more posts

chevy372 said:
helpneeded!! said:
I don't know why you would want to ask the senior judge, he comes to a battle of wits unarmed! You would be better off asking the cops than senior judge. To answer your question, the complaint is the ONLY thing you are being charged with.

There are more gaps in this thread than my grandpas gaw.

Jesus christe
You would never get a better, more honest and more trustworthy post than from Seniorjudge. He has been there, done that. He does not hold court here. He does not judge off of the bench. He asks honest questions.. which have been erased.. and has given what he can see as much as he can given the most honest attention to the question given.

I on the other hand am not so grand and honest and forgiving. and even thoug he does not need ANYONE to stand up for him because he himself is a stand up individual..
I can tell you to to BLEEP TO THE BLEEP TO THE BLEEP TO TO THE @@@($&__@$$%$ TO THE XXXXXX YOURSELVES.

friends... leave it to you own to know if Mary did that or me... It is Friday and there is Mimosas on the Menu/ :p

chevy372

ENASNI said:
You would never get a better, more honest and more trustworthy post than from Seniorjudge. He has been there, done that. He does not hold court here. He does not judge off of the bench. He asks honest questions.. which have been erased.. and has given what he can see as much as he can given the most honest attention to the question given.
The SJ is a layman, and the only way he has been there and done that is if he was on Judge Wopner's People's Court. Albeit, he does ask some very good questions.

helpneeded!!

also i was just informed that on my bail papers only the periphonelia charge was on them...thank you to everyone who has posted useful information

Heather2

chevy372 said:
helpneeded!! said:
Why don't you like the judge? He helps people with the same question over and over again? And he's fair! I've seen you two bickering on other threads but he isn't like most of the other Sr. members......he isn't bitter and rude.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">