• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare provider didn't claim my child as income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CGA97

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My daycare provider runs a daycare out of her home and didn't claim my child under her income. When I asked her for her EIN or SSN so I could claim daycare payment, she wouldn't give it to me because she didn't claim my child and already filed her taxes. This is costing me about $500.

If I claim the daycare without her EIN or SSN, will I get audited? will she? Will I get the money back or will the IRS withhold the money until they determine if my child care is legitimate? I have cancelled checks for most of the payments. I am only claiming what I can prove through the cancelled checks even though I know we have paid her at least a couple hundred $$ more.

Snipes5

You can claim it, and in the box for her SSN/EIN, put "refused". They will find her and go after her. In that case I suggest you change daycare providers.

You won't be able to electronically file your return, but you should get your entire refund.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">