• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gaurdianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwhgrl4u40

What is the name of your state? north carolina
my daughter and her boyfriend had a paper drawn up and signed by them and the so called gaurdians of my grandson to the effect that they had legal gaurdianship until they could find a job and had it notorized but never went in front of a judge. now they are trying to get him back as the people who were caring for him will not let anyone in either of his families visit. i want them to get him back but dont know what to tell them or how to help them can someone help me on this

jwhgrl4u40

jwhgrl4u40 said:
What is the name of your state? north carolina
my daughter and her boyfriend had a paper drawn up and signed by them and the so called gaurdians of my grandson to the effect that they had legal gaurdianship until they could find a job and had it notorized but never went in front of a judge. now they are trying to get him back as the people who were caring for him will not let anyone in either of his families visit. i want them to get him back but dont know what to tell them or how to help them can someone help me on this . thye have been told that the paper was not legally binding since it wasnt signed by a judge and can just go get him anytime they want to but it would be best to have the sheriff go with them and the sheriff said he needs to get some paper from ajudge before he can go get him does anyone know what paper they are refering to

LdiJ

They need to move right up the ladder in the chain of command with the police. That paper is not legally binding in any way, shape or form and the police cannot refuse to help them retrieve their child. Yeah, they may get an officer who either doesn't want to deal with it or isn't knowledgeable....but if the keep moving up the ladder they can get action.

Shel77

Ok so they have your daughters child who is 'they' family, friend? If there is nothing legal about this letter would it not be kidnapping??

LdiJ

Shel77 said:
Ok so they have your daughters child who is 'they' family, friend? If there is nothing legal about this letter would it not be kidnapping??
Yes, it could be considered to be kidnapping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">