• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with next door people.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

war_veteran

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hi, my name's Gus, and I'm a veteran from the Afghanistan campain. before leaving, everything was ok, so we went head and brought this house.
After I came back to the United States, I notice that some people moved next door. After a few days, I saw a couple of teens outside in their backyard, shooting a gun for about 25 minutes. Since then, almost every day is the same.
This has been going on for about 8 months now, I told them in more than one time to stop doing that (my house is about 80 yards from their back yard) The insulted me and my wife.
I call the cops on then more than 9 times. I've been told by the 911 operator that they can do whatever they want, it is not illegal to discharge a firearm since I live out in the woods.
Cops came to my house every time I call and they tell me the same 'oh there's nothing we can do'
Added to that, dogs barking every time I go outside, loud music in the middle of the night, constant movement of cars and people, shouting, etc. This people have no respect or manners.
I'm out of the military right now and I am in shool, and happends that my den is in the porch just in front of their house. I can't work on my programming neither, since every time I get to do something, the shooting starts again.
I'm a veteran, I've been shot at, and earing shooting makes me VERY nervous, I told that to the cops, nothing has been done.
I have a 6 year old and a 1 year old, and again, cops told me nothing can be done.
For what I have read in this forums, I know I have to collect evidence (video tape the shootings, dogs in my property, etc) What is the next step? Is something I can do?
Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post!

Gus

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">