• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qualifiction for Social Security Disibility or SSI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Claypool

We live on Louisiana. My wife rcently suffered a stroke, and has lost the use of her left arm as a result. Does she qualigy for Social Security Disability or SSI? what steps do we need to take in order to activate it?

correct_this

Social Security Disability

All I know is that SS was very helpful to me when I went through the process. I suffered an assault by a prisoner in the state prison I was working that left my right hand weakened severely and my knees were arthritic from all the standing and I got the disability and an early retirement at 62. Make an appointment to see someone at SS and discuss this matter with them. It sounds like a sure thing but it takes awhile to get the benefit and you must have medical records to substantiate the claim. I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck!

bjl1105

John Claypool said:
We live on Louisiana. My wife rcently suffered a stroke, and has lost the use of her left arm as a result. Does she qualigy for Social Security Disability or SSI? what steps do we need to take in order to activate it?
File the application as soon as possble. In the case of a recent stroke, it often takes a little longer for a medical decison because they want to see how quickly the client recovers/progresses. Get the paperwork started a/s/a/p and good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">