• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file expungement of drug poss?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youlgg

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a conviction on 06/2000 for drug possession. I want to get this expunged. Is it true I must wait 7 yrs, hire a lawyer, and file through the county office? This conviction has hindered my job applications, I have lost offers on 2 positions because they ran my background (this is the only charge i have that appears on the PA state police record). I have no other major convictions since then, I contracted for the State gov't for 2 yrs, I do volunteer work.. What's the first step to file for expungement? Who to contact, how much? Has anyone gotten an expungement for this after conviction?

Bravo8

Expungements are not something I deal with routinely, so my only advice would be to contact an attorney and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">