• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first time paraphernalia possession charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jr606

What is the name of your state? missouri

pulled over tonight for traffic violation. i was given two traffic violations, but my girlfriend, riding shotgun, was given a ticket for possession of paraphernalia. evidently, as the officer approached my window, i acted "nervous" (which i probably did. police have that effect on me) and felt it necessary to pat us down and search the car. he found a pipe w/ residue lodged halfway beneath the passenger seat. neither of us claimed ownership, as it wasn't ours, but rather a friend's, who had been in the car with me earlier that day.

we both totally cooperated and were very up front with the officer. this is her first charge of the sort and we're curious as to what she can expect as far as retribution is concerned.

The Occultist

Nobody's gonna believe it was your friend's unless he actually comes forth and admits ownership (not bloody likely). If it's a first time offense, she'll probably be let of easy...be given a diversion of some sort. By the way, you're lucky you didn't also get that charge as you were in the car with her.

jr606

so, a fine and maybe community service? should she get a lawyer (it's in municipal court, if this matters)? and would the easiest route just be to plead guilty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">