• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phenixfeather

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Yesterday I left work two hours early; we have a point system in place which is explained below. By leaving early I incurred a 1/2 point which would have put me at 8.5 points. There is a discrepancy regarding my points. I was off of work for three days because I was sick. I brought in a DR. note so I only would receive 1 point instead of 3. My shift supervisor has this documented properly while my direct supervisor has this documented incorrectly. I have copies of me employee file from last year, which in when the discrepancy occurred, and a copy of this years file, plus copies of my attendance record from both supervisors.

At my job we have an attendance policy that say when an employee reaches ten points that they are terminated. The points a on a 365 day rolling colander, which mean that if I do not go in to work today, I would get a point and in one year to the date the point is removed. (Ex. day missed 3/2/05 = 1 point, on 3/2/06 that one point is removed from our record, just want to be sure this is understood.) Back in Aug. when we had that black-out, we were required to work a mandatory Sat. As a reward for those who were able to come in we were given a negative point that was supposed to be removed from our record in one year. When Human Recourse found out that they never fully explained this to the employees, they decided to keep that negative point on our record permanently. There is now talk that they might remove that point, can they legally do that without notifying personnel of the change? I really need to know ASAP as there is a discrepancy in my employee file that I need to discus with my HR guy in the morning and I was hoping to find out before I go in, so when I bring it up I do not look like a complete fool, isn't this covered under a Grandfather Clause?. If anyone has any answers of advise anything, not only would it be welcomed and appreciated, it would be of the utmost importance and very helpful.

Thank you

Beth3

Everything you describe is a matter of company policy and thus has no force of law. An employer is free to change, amend, disregard, or discontinue company policy as they see fit. What you describe does not remotely constitute a wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">