• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can not find biological Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aaron&Marcella

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have recently got married, my new husband would love to adopt my 15 year old daughter, when she was born her biological father was not on the birth certificate and it is still that was. We have tried to find him for 14 years now with no luck. What can we do now so my daughter will finally have a dad that loves her and her last name be the family name?
:confused:

tigger22472

First you need to contact a lawyer who will more then likely first start out by trying to send something to the last known address of the biological father wether you know or believe he's there or not. Then they will have you publicize it in the newspaper. Some states are different. Some require you do it in the last known location, some simply in your location even if they are different. You really need attorney's help on this to make it completely legal and that everything is done correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">