• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-med. friend 1st time pareph. + poss. charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flyfisher123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin. Both are 20 yr. old.....

My best friend and I, along with my roommate were pulled over a couple days ago. The driver was given a ticket for turning left on a green light ( because there was a sign posting that you couldn't), and also open intoxicant for a empty flask that still had the odor of alcohol found in the glove box. My friend sitting in the backseat was charged with Parephenalia and possession of Marijauna because the pipe was supposedly closest to him when in all actuality is was under the passenger seat (my seat). First off, Im just wondering if there is a possibility of any being dropped specifically the open intox. and the possession because the only marijauna found was left in the pipe, and secondly if there is a good chance of deffered punishment OR possibly keeping the case open with parole for the drug charges because my friend is planning on becoming a doctor and DOES NOT want it on his record. Money isn't an issue, all have clean records, and willing to do whatever it takes. ANY advice at all?!?! Thank you! :eek:

HomeGuru

Flyfisher123 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin. Both are 20 yr. old.....

My best friend and I, along with my roommate were pulled over a couple days ago. The driver was given a ticket for turning left on a green light ( because there was a sign posting that you couldn't), and also open intoxicant for a empty flask that still had the odor of alcohol found in the glove box. My friend sitting in the backseat was charged with Parephenalia and possession of Marijauna because the pipe was supposedly closest to him when in all actuality is was under the passenger seat (my seat). First off, Im just wondering if there is a possibility of any being dropped specifically the open intox. and the possession because the only marijauna found was left in the pipe, and secondly if there is a good chance of deffered punishment OR possibly keeping the case open with parole for the drug charges because my friend is planning on becoming a doctor and DOES NOT want it on his record. Money isn't an issue, all have clean records, and willing to do whatever it takes. ANY advice at all?!?! Thank you! :eek:
**A: I would not want your friend to even be a doctor to my animals.

Flyfisher123

No flames please, he as with everyone else knows he has done wrong and is accepting responsibility for it. Does anyone have any information specifically on how he can possibly get this taken off his permanent record. I forgot to mention previously they were both missdemeanors. Thanks again for all, and any help

rmet4nzkx

Flyfisher123 said:

Pick another profession.

Flyfisher123

Does anyone have anything to offer me in regards to what these charges will bring?!?! I previously posted a response to the first person who responded to my dillema, which I must say was absolutely uncalled for and a waste of time on both his part and mine. All I am simply asking for is some legal advice.... Everyone has made mistakes in there life and I can tell you that him being slapped with fines he isn't even guilty for is unfair...

ptlmejo

In short...

If the operator is under 21, no alcohol can be present in the vehicle.

If the pipe wasn't his, whoever it did belong to should have owned up to it.

By the way...for future reference, if there's a pot pipe in a car and amazingly nobody knows how it got there, everyone can be arrested for it. Keep that in mind.

calatty

Most states have drug diversion programs for first-time drug offenders by which you can avoid a drug conviction. Your friend should get a criminal attorney. If he is not convicted, the offense probably won't affect his future plans. After the charges have been disposed of and he knows the result, he should check with the medical licensing board to make sure this won't stop him from being licensed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">