• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corrected W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matti422

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I moved from Arizona to Oregon in 2003 (same employer). My employer did not appropriately update their records until 2004, and my W-2 reports Arizona income as well as Oregon income, the total of the two state incomes adding up to considerably more than my federal income. The employer admits the W-2 is incorrect, but does not want to issue a W-2C, saying that I should file with the numbers I know to be correct instead of those reported to the government. I fear this will set me up for an audit and all sorts of problems getting my refund from Arizona. Is the company under any obligation to issue a W-2C?

Thanks,
Matti

Snipes5

Yes, they are. Go to the IRS website and check the FAQ, there is information on how to go about getting the IRS to force them to issue one.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">