• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international paypal transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayhutch13

What is the name of your state? my bank account is in texas. but i live and work in costa rica.

i run a tour business in costa rica and would like to offer paypal as an option to accept credit cards online. the money would be deposited in my paypal account. it is only possible to withdraw the money from the paypal account to a u.s. account. i am a u.s. citizen and still have an account in the u.s. would i have to pay federal income tax on the money transfered from my costa rica paypal account to my texas bank account?

thank you,
jayhutch13

Snipes5

You have to pay income tax on all money you earn, regardless of where in the world you earn it, or where you keep it on deposit.

Snipes

jayhutch13

so if i am living and working in costa rica, i am still suppose to be paying federal income tax in the united states?

Snipes5

Yes. There is an exclusion you can possibly take, but you are still required to file if your income meets the filing requirements for your marital situation.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">