• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination of spousal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justdone

What is the name of your state?CA

I was married for 6 years and I have been paying the amount that they courts deemed necessary for me to pay. I have paid it for half of the time married. I went to the law facilitators office to make sure that the paperwork for the motion to modify support was right but I filed it out incorrectly. During the process I asked if i needed to file the paperwork since she filed for the divorce. They then check the paperwork on the case and told me that the court order it at the support hearing and that is the only mention of it and there was no time put on it. I was then told to let her know that this was the final alimony payment and let her bring me to court since I had fufilled my legal obligation. Was that sound advice or should I file the papers? If I file the paper i would also have to supply a income statement. I am worth a lot more now and she never checked my income during the past three years. I would probably have to increase the child support. What should I do?

justdone said:
What is the name of your state?CA

I was married for 6 years and I have been paying the amount that they courts deemed necessary for me to pay. I have paid it for half of the time married. I went to the law facilitators office to make sure that the paperwork for the motion to modify support was right but I filed it out incorrectly. During the process I asked if i needed to file the paperwork since she filed for the divorce. They then check the paperwork on the case and told me that the court order it at the support hearing and that is the only mention of it and there was no time put on it. I was then told to let her know that this was the final alimony payment and let her bring me to court since I had fufilled my legal obligation. Was that sound advice or should I file the papers? If I file the paper i would also have to supply a income statement. I am worth a lot more now and she never checked my income during the past three years. I would probably have to increase the child support. What should I do?

no disrespect, I do not have a clue as to what you are talking about???

ptownguy

You might want to try looking here

You might want to try looking here;

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/support/supforms.htm

It has some information that might help you out, I understand what your talking about, you have fulfilled your court ordered obligations, and want to make sure it is done, finished, all legally sound, so your ex can not come after you later, right?

unlike "bulldogg66" whom I guess can not interpert your post, or other posts for that matter.
Beware of phony info, advice. Go contact the court yourself, if you are paient with them, I have found them to be quite helpful, & non-opinionated! Good Luck my friend :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">