• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother w/ Guardianship, what are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaciekg

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am only 19, and when my daughter was first born in Nov of 2003, I gave my mother guardianship rights so that we could insure her. Well now my mother claims that she does not like my parenting, and told me that I need to move out, but also told me that i cannot take my daughter. I need to know if this is true. Does she really have the right to keep her? I did not relinquish custody, only guardianship. Please, any help would be very much appreciated.

LdiJ

Jaciekg said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am only 19, and when my daughter was first born in Nov of 2003, I gave my mother guardianship rights so that we could insure her. Well now my mother claims that she does not like my parenting, and told me that I need to move out, but also told me that i cannot take my daughter. I need to know if this is true. Does she really have the right to keep her? I did not relinquish custody, only guardianship. Please, any help would be very much appreciated.
When you gave your mother guardianship you gave your mother full decision making rights regarding your child. If she told you that you can't take your daughter, then you can't take your daughter.

You need to file to terminate the guardianship....and you need to do it quickly. The longer your child stays with your mother without you in the home, the stronger is your mother's chance to retain the guardianship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">