• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer didn't do the right withholding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AsilNodnarb

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? AZ is the state where I reside.

Question, my employer did not withhold the appropriate percentage of 2004 State Tax. I have a copy of my A-4 and I marked 21% and he only did 10%. This has resulted in my owing the State of AZ $626.00 versus having a refund of $100 and some dollars according to my tax preparer. How do I handle this? Is it my fault for not recognizing it? Or is he ultimately responsible for not making the change according to my written election? I don't want to cause a riff with my employer, but this isn't just pennies we are talking. Thanks for any immediate responses. Lisa

Snipes5

It is your responsibility for not noticing it. Sorry. You'll have to look more carefully at your pay stubs.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">