• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We need an attorney to help us for trial for one day.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shylynnsky

:mad: colorado
I need someone to represent my husband and I in a trial coming up. we have to show we have an attorney by march 25th by the judge. At the end of August my husband came home to wake me up for work around 5am. He had been gone all night. He happened to do meth that night. Around the same time he woke me up, people started coming into our house. People who were not invited. My husband and I asked them to leave. They would not. We did not trust these people. To make a long story short, we became nervous they were going to hurt us. My husband left and called the police. When the police came, basicall, they took my husband to the hospital. He was really high. The police officer kept asking me if I was a drug user. He was trying to intimidate me and get me to confess to something I did not do. When I told him the only time I had tried drugs in my entire life was the past six months ago. He wrote on his police report that I said I did it that night. So , my husband and I both got child abuse tickets for our 6 year old daughter who was asleep in the other room. (whom never woke up or knew anything was even going on). Finally social services came and took our daughter. Through a big process we provided multiple random ua's ( I also provided them with proof of the ones I have done through work)we got the rights to our daughter back and social servics terminated that case. In the meantime, within a week after this incident the police came back and gave only "me" another child abuse ticket for the friend my daughter had staying the night! In the meantime, we moved . Now the problem is, we cannot afford an attorney, and cannot go to court without one. The courts will also not let us have an attorney through them because I am working. My husband is not. I need help. My husband and I both plead Not guilty. One, because he was only in the house a minimal amount of minutes. And I have not done anything wrong to deserve this ticket. The DA is really really mean, and is trying to get me to take probation. I dont feel that is fair, considering I have done nothing wrong and my husband and I both did everything social services asked to make our lives better and more appropriate for our daughter. We love our daughter and would never do anything to harm her. my husband and I dont do drugs. also, the place we lived in is called "Camelot Club". Has anyone ever heard of it? It is the most foul, disgusting, drug infested, sick place anyone could pay rent to live in. (our lease was up and we were plannin on moving at the exact time all this happened) Someone. I beg you. please help us and tell us what to do. we dont know what were doing and we are scared. thanks, stacie h.

calatty

Your husband doesn't do drugs but happened to come home on meth? And you don't do drugs but there are uninvited people bent on harm coming into your house? And you don't think this all harms your daughter? And why in the world would an attorney want to represent you for free? Do you work for free?

F

Fat Tony

Why dont you see if you can sell a couple of the wheels off of your house and pay for a lawyer with the proceeds? Or quit spending all your money on the drugs that you're not doing and pay for a lawyer with that.

AHA

Who were all those people walking into the house at 5am??? They obviously came with your hubby, and the company you do drugs with is usually not the kind of people you should bring to your home where your wife and daughter are asleep!! Your hubby SHOULD get in serious trouble with the law for being so stupid and selfish.
And for you to start testing drugs as an adult with a (at the time) 5 1/2 year old daughter is even more stupid.
Consider this a MAJOR wake up call to get your priorities straight as parents and learn from theses idiotic mistakes.
Another thing to learn, if you can't afford a lawyer, don't do anything illegal (like drugs, that's for weak pathetic people with zero braincells and an ugly soul).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">