• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KALI1999

What is the name of your state? New York-Dutchess County

Late last year I purchased a rental property. The next door neighbor gave us hell all through out the renovation process claiming the driveway is part of their property. I purchased the property with the understanding the driveway came with it. I recently got a survey which shows that 98% of the driveway is indeed mine. I first gave them ample notice about the results of the survey then towed their junk van that they left on my driveway for the past 3 months. Now they have one tire of their other vehicle on my property. What actions if any should I take. I am absolutely sick of these people. My tenants have the right to park there not them. Any feedback would be appreciated

S

seniorjudge

KALI1999 said:

Late last year I purchased a rental property. The next door neighbor gave us hell all through out the renovation process claiming the driveway is part of their property. I purchased the property with the understanding the driveway came with it. I recently got a survey which shows that 98% of the driveway is indeed mine. I first gave them ample notice about the results of the survey then towed their junk van that they left on my driveway for the past 3 months. Now they have one tire of their other vehicle on my property. What actions if any should I take. I am absolutely sick of these people. My tenants have the right to park there not them. Any feedback would be appreciated
What would you like to happen here?

KALI1999

I would like to have them off my property once and for all. I do not want them to even park on an inch of my property.

HomeGuru

KALI1999 said:

**A: one tire? One tire affects the useability of the driveway? What is the vehicle, a front end loader?

BelizeBreeze

if 98% of your driveway is on YOUR property then 2% of the driveway is on THEIR property. So, unless the tire is indeed wider then that 2% (and a judge would have a good laugh trying to see you figure that one out, you're out of luck.

KALI1999

There are stakes in the ground from the surveyor. So I really do not have to figure out a thing. There tire is beyond the stake on my property.

HomeGuru

KALI1999 said:
There are stakes in the ground from the surveyor. So I really do not have to figure out a thing. There tire is beyond the stake on my property.
**A: by how many inches?

KALI1999

The tire is about 12" past the stakes. The surveyor had to put the stake behind and in fron of the truck because they would not move the truck

KALI1999

Oh and also one more thing. They dug a hole on my piece of the property thinking they were going to put up a fence.

KALI1999

No, nothing else. However, you do not have to respond if you have nothing constructive to say. I think I know what I need to do. Thank you

HomeGuru

KALI1999 said:
No, nothing else. However, you do not have to respond if you have nothing constructive to say. I think I know what I need to do. Thank you
**A: and what is that that you think you need to do?

ms.magoo

I'm also curious as what you are going to do. But I do have a idea for you as well. If you really want to end the headaches your neighbour gives you, why don't you just put up a privacy fence a couple inches from your survey stakes, going all the way down that side of your property an driveway. And if you're so inclined put up some no trespassing signs on your new fence letting them know you mean business. As for your sprinkling his vehicles, that is simple, turn your golly darn water pressure down so the sprinkling water doesn't hit over to his vehicles. :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

ms.magoo said:
I'm also curious as what you are going to do. But I do have a idea for you as well. If you really want to end the headaches your neighbour gives you, why don't you just put up a privacy fence a couple inches from your survey stakes, going all the way down that side of your property an driveway. And if you're so inclined put up some no trespassing signs on your new fence letting them know you mean business. As for your sprinkling his vehicles, that is simple, turn your golly darn water pressure down so the sprinkling water doesn't hit over to his vehicles. :rolleyes:

**A: privacy fence? Heck construct a block tile wall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">