• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False income tax filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flowers413

What is the name of your state? NY
I signed an agreement with my child's father that he was to claim her as his dependent. I just found out that my live in partner was claiming her also. What would the penalty be for both of them filing my daughter?

Snipes5

Your live-in is going to have their return reviewed and the exemption disallowed, and will have to pay back any refund resulting from the exemption.

When it's a situation between a parent and some other person, the parent wins. Apparently your live-in isn't very bright.

Snipes

flowers413

thank you for your input

Snipes5 said:
Your live-in is going to have their return reviewed and the exemption disallowed, and will have to pay back any refund resulting from the exemption.

When it's a situation between a parent and some other person, the parent wins. Apparently your live-in isn't very bright.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">