• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Help Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linseysmommy

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
i got my fully favorable approval letter for ssi about a month ago
today i got a letter telling me i had to be at social security office to discuss income. resource and living arrangements....

Currently I have been separated for 2 and a half years...we are still friends the only reason i am still married is to stay on my spouses health insurance which we cannot afford the deduction...and in case something happens to him..my daughter and i will be ok.....he lives in his mothers house an hour away and i live in our old house with our 14 month old daughter....he pays all the bills...to make things worse we are in the middle of bankruptcy so his paycheck is garnished....alot.....he hands me no money...he will buy her everything she needs.....

what i do not understand is i do not get any money from him and i have no access to his bank account....
the letter says we may deny your application for ssi if you do not respond to this request or contact us by 3-17-2005 to tell us why. if we deny your application we will explain another letter explaining our decision.the letter will also explain your right to appeal.

what i do not get is i was already approved by the judge can they still deny me?

they want from 11-21-2002 thru present
all must be original......
bank statements-i just opened one...i have no access to his were separated what does it matter?

pension records....we have none he was in the military but has no pension

pay stubs from work since 11-2002-the problem i am having with that is that he makes good money yes...but our house bills are alot plus its garnished and send right to bankruptcy attorney
our tax returns have been used to fix our vehicles....

unemployment records-he was unemployed from october 2001 to febraury 2002...he got a meesly 1050 a month and that was so long ago i have no records....

life insurance policies-we cannot afford it he has one through work that pays for his burial and stuff and his family had plots for both of us...but i have no record of that...his work does that automatically for all of their employees but if he gets fired or quit its irrelevant

burial contract agreement-like i said above how ridiculous if we had it would they want us to cash it out....good grief they love to nick pick about everything

and social security numbers for my spouse and i and our baby....i need child support printout and welfare printout...my daughter had medicaid for first year thats it..........i have proof of mortgage...i have no clue where my spouse even has a bank account....i am so stressed now i am sick and need the health coverage...thanks for any advice
tiffany
p.s.will they still consider spouses income even though we have been separated and he gives me no cash at all????

BL

Linseysmommy said:
What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
i got my fully favorable approval letter for ssi about a month ago
today i got a letter telling me i had to be at social security office to discuss income. resource and living arrangements....

Currently I have been separated for 2 and a half years...we are still friends the only reason i am still married is to stay on my spouses health insurance which we cannot afford the deduction...and in case something happens to him..my daughter and i will be ok.....he lives in his mothers house an hour away and i live in our old house with our 14 month old daughter....he pays all the bills...to make things worse we are in the middle of bankruptcy so his paycheck is garnished....alot.....he hands me no money...he will buy her everything she needs.....

what i do not understand is i do not get any money from him and i have no access to his bank account....
the letter says we may deny your application for ssi if you do not respond to this request or contact us by 3-17-2005 to tell us why. if we deny your application we will explain another letter explaining our decision.the letter will also explain your right to appeal.

what i do not get is i was already approved by the judge can they still deny me?

they want from 11-21-2002 thru present
all must be original......
bank statements-i just opened one...i have no access to his were separated what does it matter?

pension records....we have none he was in the military but has no pension

pay stubs from work since 11-2002-the problem i am having with that is that he makes good money yes...but our house bills are alot plus its garnished and send right to bankruptcy attorney
our tax returns have been used to fix our vehicles....

unemployment records-he was unemployed from october 2001 to febraury 2002...he got a meesly 1050 a month and that was so long ago i have no records....

life insurance policies-we cannot afford it he has one through work that pays for his burial and stuff and his family had plots for both of us...but i have no record of that...his work does that automatically for all of their employees but if he gets fired or quit its irrelevant

burial contract agreement-like i said above how ridiculous if we had it would they want us to cash it out....good grief they love to nick pick about everything

and social security numbers for my spouse and i and our baby....i need child support printout and welfare printout...my daughter had medicaid for first year thats it..........i have proof of mortgage...i have no clue where my spouse even has a bank account....i am so stressed now i am sick and need the health coverage...thanks for any advice
tiffany
p.s.will they still consider spouses income even though we have been separated and he gives me no cash at all????
You need to show up at the appointment ... period .

You indicated he pays all bills ?

You need to get what you can .
You need to get a Statement from your husband , or have him get the information you say you don't have access to , or at least a statement from him of some sort .

SSI is for the basic necessities for the disabled individual . Shelter , food , clothing , household necessities , Etc .

If your husband is paying for all these needs , you may very well be denied .

Why were you approved in the first place . Didn't you give them the info. then ?

Linseysmommy

yes i told them that we were separated and he pays all the bills but he gives me no money at all period....i thought that once they approved you that they could not deny it....i am gonna go to the appointment...all i have to bring is the statements of how much we paid trustee last year with bankruptcy and how much equity we have in our house which is not much...i have no clue how much money is in my husbands bank at all or even how much he makes period...

the only reason we stayed married was because so i could be on his health insurance for my condition....

he does not pay for my drs medicines..clothing or things like that...he does buy our daughters necessities though...l was going to have him write a letter that he pays the bills and does not give me any money though....i do not know if he would give me his banking info or not...he has not lived in our house for over 2 years...its like living rent free in someones house i guess you could say.....i have to fend for myself though with anything i need..and sometimes its asking my grandma or dad....and sometimes i do have to go without myself....

what i do not really understand is that after 2 1/2 years of going through all of this stuff and them knowing that my husband and i are separated period that now after i got fully favorable letter from the judge that they will now go through our finances..i have no money of my own...its all his and i have no access to it...even if he was a millionaire i would not get a penny of it at all....they told me the info was not needed since money wqas not going into my hands and thats why they went forward....i really do need that money...

there are lots small things that need to be done with our house he is not going to pay for period and i do not have the funds to take care of it all....i do not even have health insurance now he took me off because i got the approval letter....if i would have known they might have denied me after all of this then i would not have canceled it...i have to wait a whole year to be put back on then another due to a preexisting condition...so thats gonna be 2 years without any health coverage when i could have had it...thats not right that they do that to people
tiffany

bjl1105

Tiffany,
It is not clear when you filed your application, and assuming you are the applicant (not your daughter) you must appear for the SSI interview. The agency approved the finding of "disability" only. SSI is a benefit paid to individuals who are found disabled AND who established financial need. An interview is required by law, to establish your entitlement based on financial need (yes, they know you have been found disabled-no one is challanging that decision). At the point you filed, you may or may not have been living with your spouse. Based on what you told them, it appeared that you met the non medical factors of entitlement, so they sent your case for a medical decision . If you did not meet the income and asset limts at the time you filed, you would have been denied right then and there, and no medical decision would have ever been made. Please do not assume that "they" are doing anything to you, they are just following the proper proceedures. For any months that you lived with your husband, his income and assets are considered in your eligibility determination. For all months AFTER you separated, his income and assets have no bearing on your entitlement. They may have asked for all information because they don't know what months he was in your household or when he actually moved out. Just go to the interview with as much of the information they requested. After they get your updated information, they may not even need the rest of it. Good luck.

Linseysmommy

the ssi is for me i have a blood disorder...i have an attorney who i am gonna call tomorrow morning..

i am glad an interview is needed with everyone..i thought they were just doing it since we are still married...thanks for all the info...this whole process has been a waiting game and has been somewhat stressful for me...

I am gonna bring all of the info i have to interview...which like i stated in first post is our bankruptcy payments we have made...mortgage letter...and my new account at bank i just opened...i talked to my husband and he said he was not gonna give them bank info until after the interview if they actually need it or not...well he has spent maybe 3 night here since separation in november 2002.....thats when i was sick and needed help with my baby...

thanks for the responses and i will update all of you after i find out what is gonna happen...i just am hoping that him paying bills is not considered giving me money....at least i will get an idea of whats next
tiffany

Linseysmommy

well i found out from my lawyer that if i have all of the paperwork by friday that then i will know how much and when i will be getting my first check if i get one...she told me to bring what i had explaining the situation and a letter from him would help
tiffany

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">