• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfernandez76

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Denied today for unemployment that I file in December. Since I was terminated, I was told that I needed a phone interview first. No one ever set one up, and after much complaint, I finally got one in Feb. 2005. I told my story and my job didn't even bother to answer on there end. Under law the commission has 21 days to give me a decision, and they didn't. I had to call and complain again. 4 days later they deny me. I am preparing an appeal. Here are the facts of the case:

I worked for a cell phone company. My husband wanted service. I ran his credit and he was approved. I asked my manager if I could activate him. She said I could not activate a family member. I gave the sale to the rep with the least amount of sales. She did the activation but there was an unrelated problem with the activation, and the rep, so as not to get in trouble, said I did the activation. The thing is that the contract imprints the name of the rep on the bottom of the contract. She said all she did was watch me do it???? and hit the activation button at the end. I gave this information to the commision, but they sided with the company and said that I was terminated for misconduct. All the company has is hearsay, when I have a signed contract with her name on it showing she did the activation. What do I do next?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">