• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old highway, homstead rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

homesweethome

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I bought a home and 2 acres of land. There were two surveys done and tax records show that taxes were paid on those same two acres back to 1977. My neighbor across the street came over when we where down in the yard close to the road and said we were trepassing on her land. She said that when they put in the new road that it cut through her land and that the land on the other side of the road (the bottom 15% of my surveyed purchase) was hers. Can two surveyors and a tax commissioner be wrong? She is claiming some kind of "homestead" filing.

nextwife

What does the updated title report/abstract show regarding ownership of the land in question?? Did you get title insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">