• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

californiapete

What is the name of your state? California. What are the chances of getting back lawyers fees on a fence dispute that we are defending against?

HomeGuru

californiapete said:
What is the name of your state? California. What are the chances of getting back lawyers fees on a fence dispute that we are defending against?
**A: sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop for repair.

S

seniorjudge

californiapete said:
I'd say about 50-50.

ENASNI

oh

The first half... unless of course the second half is the one where most of the importance lies.

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: and would that be a 50% chance of getting 50% of the lawyers fees paid back, less or more?
Yes, of course, unless it were proved to be not and then it would be reversed.

californiapete

A little more on this case. We countersued for lawyers fees and they didn't respond, so we got a default judgement. They also lost on their "prescriptive easement" claim. They are now only suing for Equitable Easment,Conversion and Good Faith Improver (for work they did on the land over the last 18 years). Does this change our chances? Thanks for any advice...

HomeGuru

californiapete said:
A little more on this case. We countersued for lawyers fees and they didn't respond, so we got a default judgement. They also lost on their "prescriptive easement" claim. They are now only suing for Equitable Easment,Conversion and Good Faith Improver (for work they did on the land over the last 18 years). Does this change our chances? Thanks for any advice...

**A: my crystal ball is still in the shop. The parts are on order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">