• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honorable Discharges and Going Back?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shortyb3905

My state is OHIO. i am currently in a situation where i just need the truth. i am currently seriously involved with a man that was/is the NAVY. He told me he went in right after highschool (hes 20 now). He went through bootcamp and then started going on the ship. He said he was going through SEAL training and he was about to finish and blew out both of his knees. And he said they sent him home on honorable medical discharge. Well in January they supposedly called him to come back. First he told me that he was going to NORFOLK, VA for 1-2 months. Then he changed it to like 6 months. Then he said that they called him and wanted him to come to California. Then he said that they want him on the tour for 6 months and he was leaving March 25th and he had to be there on March 15th. So now hes telling me hes leaving this Wednesday which is March 9th and their picking him up at his house. Now for some off reason i dont believe him. I thought that if you got a discharge whether it be honorable or dishonorable that you didnt come back. i mean he says he blew out both of is knees so why would they want him back? i know nothing about the military so thats why im here. i could use all the help i can get....thanks!!!!

lvn4ever

honorable discharge

If nothing else, the military loves to generate paperwork, especially orders for assignment to a unit. Ask to see a set of his orders. The bigger issue is the one you should be asking Dr. Laura....it sounds like he's given you reason to doubt his story.

badapple40

A discharge is irrevocable, if not procured by fraud, in which case the military must convene a court-martial to get him back (although administrative revocations is up on appeal now in the D.C. Circuit). In any event, this guys story has more holes than swiss cheese, and unless he volunteered to go back, he never had a discharge to begin with.

hes not in the IRR is he. i dont think that the navy is hurting for people, last i have heard was that they were getting rid of people early. but he might have been called back to active duty for up to eight years after he enlists, so if he was in for fou years and got out, he can still be called back within the next four years.

Davidzill

For one thing if he is being called back he is being recalled under the Individual ready reserve. The navy is not doing this because they actually have too many people and are letting people leave early. If he was medically discharged he wouldn't be called back; he would have to make 1 simple phone call and let them know he is on disability. I honestly think he is U.A. (AWOL) and on the run. He wants to turn himself in and serve his time in the brig then get out, but he wants to hide it from you. Or he is married and having an affair with you.

As a lot of posts said, the Navy has too many people. Right now the Navy is releasing people to the Army through the Blue to Green program. Also, the Navy is not currently re-enlisting Navy veterans or other service veterans except in critical ratings. Typical source rates for BUD/s are typically not critical rates in today's Navy, so the odds are long they're recalling this guy. If the guy wants to go, let him go. I think you'd be better off without him. Beware of any guy who mentions the SEAL thing. He's pretty original though in one respect, at least he admits he was a non-hacker and washed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">