• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reinstating Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candice7877

What is the name of your state? Maryland My son was adopted. I had my parental rights revoked also. However, how do I go about getting my parental rights back ? Or can I get them back ? Can I over turn the adoption ?.... Its been 2 years since the adoption was finalized. He was taken from my and placed in foster care .Social services was supposed to do a investigation of supposed negelct but never called my 4 witnesses to court . So , I never got to plead my case. My mother went thru the process of being a foster parent , so he wouldn't get lost in the system. I fought for my son for 3 years and after they terminated my rights , my mother cuts me out of his life. I need some advice of what to do. I completely changed my life around and got myself together but I think I deserve a second chance. Is it possible ?

S

seniorjudge

candice7877 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland My son was adopted. I had my parental rights revoked also. However, how do I go about getting my parental rights back ? Or can I get them back ? Can I over turn the adoption ?.... Its been 2 years since the adoption was finalized. He was taken from my and placed in foster care .Social services was supposed to do a investigation of supposed negelct but never called my 4 witnesses to court . So , I never got to plead my case. My mother went thru the process of being a foster parent , so he wouldn't get lost in the system. I fought for my son for 3 years and after they terminated my rights , my mother cuts me out of his life. I need some advice of what to do. I completely changed my life around and got myself together but I think I deserve a second chance. Is it possible ?
I suspect your time for appeal of the adoption has expired.

Thus, the only way to get your kid back is to adopt him again since your parental rights were terminated. This, of course, is unlikely to happen.

candice7877

But I've heard of cases where the biological parent has over turned an adoption case. ( Don't laugh), but I've seen it on movies based on true stories. Time maybe be up for me to appeal the adoption but are there other ways of overturning the case ? Like maybe since none of my witnesses got called into court ? I just feel like there has to be something I can do. It's hard living with out your child.

S

seniorjudge

candice7877 said:
But I've heard of cases where the biological parent has over turned an adoption case. ( Don't laugh), but I've seen it on movies based on true stories. Time maybe be up for me to appeal the adoption but are there other ways of overturning the case ? Like maybe since none of my witnesses got called into court ? I just feel like there has to be something I can do. It's hard living with out your child.
Check with a family law attorney in your area.

bononos

candice7877 said:
I think these movies also cover the effects this can have on a child.
"Losing Isiah" I think was one.
Have you thought about that?
As an adopted child and now grown, I'm happy my parents were responsible to realize they had problems and were not suitable as parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">