• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile cases and schools in indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janibick21

What is the name of your state? indiana child was detained and questioned by police and principal at school, arrested, taken to juvenile detention center. school discipline records now gives details of this criminal action, of which all happened off of school property, is it legal to include that information on the school disciplinary records?

BelizeBreeze

First of all you say that the 'child' was detained and questioned in the Principal's office which, I can assume, is on school grounds. Next you tell us this all happened off school grounds.

So, which is it?

By the way, it doesn't really matter. The child's records can reflect the reason why he is not in school, has been suspended or expelled or any other disciplinary actions that have been taken.

janibick21

janibick21 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana child was detained and questioned by police and principal at school, arrested, taken to juvenile detention center. school discipline records now gives details of this criminal action, of which all happened off of school property, is it legal to include that information on the school disciplinary records?
the criminal activities happened off of school property. the child was questioned at school, concerning these goings on.

BelizeBreeze

Really? I guess you think I can't read so you'd point that out again.

Well, my answer doesn't change. And neither do the legal implications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">